Re: Cut and paste from manual returns errors

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Cut and paste from manual returns errors
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:24:02 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:48 PM

DW <address@hidden> writes:

For the manual version problem, this arises largely because the
manuals are laid out in such a way as to force one to do a google
search on more obscure implementations, at that point it is very hard
to see where you end up because you are opening 50 tabs that might
lead you in the right direction.

Have you seriously tried using the manuals' index?

It's probably easy for me to ask this, given that I use Emacs as my
manual reader and its index lookup is pretty much instantaneous and with
autocompletion, but it's not like the HTML index would be unusable.

--
David Kastrup

There's also the rather simple and obvious method of downloading the PDF of the version you're actually using, and searching it using the PDF find function - that is, of course, if the index doesn't take you there straight away.

--
Phil Holmes