Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:32:50 +1000

How about considering Gentium Plus once the bold and bold italic faces are available (at the moment Gentium Plus contains only regular and italic faces). It's released under the SIL open font license (http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL) and contains virtually all the characters defined in Unicode 5.1 for Latin and Cyrillic. See http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=Gentium and http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=Gentium_Technical.

I've been using Gentium Book Basic in my scores for a while and like the look of it. It's essentially Gentium with a more limited character set (only the Basic Latin and Latin-1 Unicode ranges), but it contains regular, bold, italic, and bold italic faces.

Nick