Re: lilypond presentation

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: lilypond presentation
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:21:36 +0200 (CEST)

Urs:
> Am 24.06.2013 21:24, schrieb Karl Hammar:
> > Janek:
> >> What kind of presentation are you looking for?  I mean, in-depth stuff
> >> showing how lilypond works inside or something like "look, Finale
> >> produces ugly notation and LilyPond is better!"?
> > Something so that people sees its value and and starts asking
> > questions.
> Of course I don't know what level your target audience is

Cantors (church musicians), and students, perhaps ten people.

> or how detailed you can be.

As needed, but not too deep this time.

I have to show them that

. yes, lilypond can solve my notation needs
. yes, I understand how to do simple stuff
(Hard stuff are hard, as always.)

I think the "Showcase" and "Basic Syntax" part of:

http://lilypond.org/website/pdf/lilypond_lac2013.pdf

or something similar will be fine, plus some scores I can hand out.

> But maybe this tutorial might show something?
> http://lilypond.ursliska.de/notensatz/lilypond-tutorials/tackle-complex-tasks.html

That might be good when they already are users, I have to win them
over first.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data