Re: lilypond presentation

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilypond presentation
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:14:38 +0200

Am 25.06.2013 23:10, schrieb Karl Hammar:

I don't think it helps people to show them the golden standard since
they don't know what to look for.
That's *precisely* why i give the comparisons mentioned before to
anyone who has at least remote connection with music: show them what
to look for.  Once they read a few such comparisons, they'll start
noticing engraving errors in Finale-made scores and then they'll look
at LilyPond and say "hey, that's *really* interesting!".
You have a point.

Ok, I'll hand out the "Eja" score and lilypond dito.
Do you by chance have a plain finale version (not coloured)?
If so I could play "find five errors" with them.

Thanks for the help.

I think _he_ is the one to thank you for the opportunity ;-)