Re: creating a slur with markup

From: Rachael Thomas Carlson
Subject: Re: creating a slur with markup
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:26:00 -0500

On 06/26/2013 05:08 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
\version "2.16.2"

\new TabStaff {
        \tabFullNotation
        \set doubleSlurs = ##t
        <c' e>8\2\4( <b d>\2\4)
}
Hello Harm:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think that I could possibly make this work. Would I manipulate the padding of the slur to get them closer to the notes? Also, how would you flip the bottom one 180 degrees?

This example shoes a little bit more of what I am doing:

\version "2.16.2"

\new TabStaff {
    \tabFullNotation
    \stemDown
    \set doubleSlurs = ##t
    \set Staff.stringTunings = \stringTuning <c, g, d g b c'>
    \override LaissezVibrerTie #'extra-offset = #'(-2.0 . 0.0)
<c'^\laissezVibrer e^\laissezVibrer c^\laissezVibrer f,^\laissezVibrer>8\2\4\5\6( <b d>\2\4)
}

The LaissezVibrer on the left of the notes indicate "hammer on from nowhere" otherwise known as tapping. The <c' e> are with the left hand and the <c f,> are with the right hand. In the last couple weeks I have figured out quite a bit of hacks to get the tabulature output to be adequate for fingerstyle guitar needs. But this slur issue is giving me some issues.

In the above example the slur that is appearing on the stems of the each eighth notes should be appearing on the fourth string, optimally in the 'e' and the 'd' in the space above.

Thank you,
Rachael