Re: Accidental placement in voiceTwo vs. another staff

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Accidental placement in voiceTwo vs. another staff
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 00:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

James Harkins-2 wrote
> Is this a known bug?
>
> It looks like LP is trying to avoid a collision between the natural sign
> in the top staff's voiceTwo and the sharp sign in the bottom staff. But of
> course they are nowhere near touching, so there should be no need for
> collision avoidance.

reducing your code to one polyphonic staff and omitting the tie shows what
happens:

\include "english.ly"
\new Staff <<
  \new Voice \relative {
    \key ef \major
    \voiceOne
    df''1 %~
    df
  }
  \new Voice \relative c'' {
    \voiceTwo
    r1
    b_"b's natural sign is too far left"
  }

the accidental is repeated because we are in a new measure and the natural
sign avoids the accidental of the top voice.

when the notes are tied the accidental is not repeated but it seems like
LilyPond still reserves some space for it.

I tried to set the Accidental stencil to false but this had no effect.

anybody else? is this related to  issue 3106
<https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3106&can=1&q=accidental&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Stars%20Owner%20Patch%20Needs%20Summary>

Eluze