Re: creating a slur with markup

From: Rachael Thomas
Subject: Re: creating a slur with markup
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:00:59 -0500

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Rachael,
>
> per default, LilyPond prints _one_slur between legato-chords. This is
> common praxis in nearly all printed editions.
> LilyPond provides the possibility to tweak the slurs via their
> 'control-points. Best use \shape for that purpose.
>
> Sometimes double slurs are wished (mostly between thirds), possible
> via \set doubleSlurs = ##t
> Though, you can't affect a single slur of this pair with any
> implemented method, afaik.
> (\shape will affect both with the same values)

You can print a slur pair by using explicit directions, like

c^(_( c))

Naturally, you can then tweak each of the two slurs separately.  Now
those slurs have different direction to start with.  Getting them to
look like having the same direction by twiddling control points might be
effort.

You can also get double slurs by marking one explicitly using
spanner-id.  Quite to my surprise, this requires using
\withMusicProperty instead of \tweak.  I'll probably change that, but
for now you are stuck with

\new Voice { c-\withMusicProperty #'spanner-id #"g"
             \tweak #'extra-offset #'(0 . -1) ((
             c-\withMusicProperty #'spanner-id #"g" )) c }

How would you use the \withMusicProperty identifier within a chord structure?

--
David Kastrup