Re: Manual barlines

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Manual barlines
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:05:40 +0200

2013/7/1 Andrew Bernard <address@hidden>:
> To make clearer what I am asking in relation to manually drawing barlines,
> attached is a snippet mocked up in inkscape of what I need to do.
>
> [I am wanting to use version 2.17.20 for the work.]
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

the first time you posted this
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Barline-after-time-signature-td147489.html
you omitted any code or image.
I thought the answers you've got, would solve the problem.
So please provide example-code or at least an image to show what you
want, _every_ time

On topic:
Setting \time and \bar in LilyPond is a little more than inserting
some graphical symbol into a staff.
Look at the output from:

\version "2.17.20"
\displayMusic { c1 \time 2/2 \bar "||" c }
->
(make-music
  'SequentialMusic
  'elements
  (list (make-music
          'NoteEvent
          'duration
          (ly:make-duration 0 0 1)
          'pitch
          (ly:make-pitch -1 0 0))
        (make-music
          'TimeSignatureMusic
          'beat-structure
          '()
          'denominator
          2
          'numerator
          2)
        (make-music
          'ContextSpeccedMusic
          'context-type
          'Timing
          'element
          (make-music
            'PropertySet
            'value
            "||"
            'symbol
            'whichBar))
        (make-music
          'NoteEvent
          'pitch
          (ly:make-pitch -1 0 0)
          'duration
          (ly:make-duration 0 0 1))))

Every setting of a BarLine will affect 'Timing.
So, two settings of \bar at the same moment, will lead to overriding each other.

Nevertheless, now I know what you want and will start thinking about it. ;)

Cheers,
  Harm