Re: remove individual ledger line?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: remove individual ledger line?
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 23:58:07 -0700 (PDT)

So sorry, I'm having trouble with my email client again, hope this works.

I wrote:
> How do I tweak an individual ledger line from within a chord?

Well, an hour later, and all I've managed to achieve is printing the
staff-positions of the ledger lines that happen to have noteheads on
them (to the standard output), and while that makes me feel like a
minor genius, it seems I haven't gotten any closer to being able to
tweak these things individually.

Worse yet, I see my initial question doesn't even capture the full
extent of what I'm trying to do here.  What I want to be able to do
is to tweak individual ledger lines, even if they don't have a note
attached to them.  For example, in...

{ a }

...there are 2 ledger lines below the treble staff to accomodate the
a-natural; I want to tweak both individually.  There must be a way!

Does anyone know?  Even a nudge in the right direction would help.

Thanks,
Mark

\version "2.17.21"

{
\override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.before-line-breaking =
#(lambda (grob)
   (map display
        (list "\n"
              (map ly:grob-staff-position
                   (ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object grob 'note-heads))))))

GNU LilyPond 2.17.21
Processing `LedgerLineSpanner.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
(-8)
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `LedgerLineSpanner.ps'...
Converting to `./LedgerLineSpanner.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed