Feta font embedded in PDFs

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Feta font embedded in PDFs
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:04:06 +1000

At my local office supplies / self-serve printing chain I brought my
score in on a USB stick. Being in a hurry I skipped the preview option
(stupid I know), then 68 pages into my 118 page score I turned a page
over to find the printer had substituted Feta (and every other font)
with Helvetica.

I’m assuming it’s a problem with their software (which appears to be
running on a 1MHz 6502 chip or similar, which is why I skipped
preview). Otherwise, are there any options or techniques for making
PDFs more ‘robust’, font-wise?

Vaughan