Re: Synchronize music of different length

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Synchronize music of different length
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:26:38 +0200

Am 05.07.2013 17:20, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Richard,

thanks for your suggestions.
I was just thinking about how to deal with the different timings (I
would have found that too, but later) when your second suggestion came
in.

This works for the given situation.
But as you say I will have situations where it won't be sufficient
because they don't have that simple 2:1 relation but rather a
irrational one.
That's not terribly likely with standard LilyPond input.  Arbitrary
complicated fractions are never irrational even though the _limit_ of a
sequence of fractions may be.

What I wanted to say is not that the relation itself it too complex for LilyPond but that it may not be a linear relation.
In my current example.

Let's take an invented example:
\firstversion is what we had, \secondversion is

\relative e'' {
  e4~ \tuplet 3/2 { e8 e fis } g4 cis,
}

but I still want the last e (2nd triplet) and the c sharp be aligned with the corresponding notes of the first version then the timing relations would change along the way.

Urs