How to change TabNoteHead

From: Rachael Thomas Carlson
Subject: How to change TabNoteHead
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 11:54:43 -0500

Hello:

I am attempting to change the TabNoteHead through what the
documentation calls 'Modifying stencils' (chp. 5.5.3).  I can't seem to
get the stencil override to work.  I have been able to change the
TabNoteHead through the use of postscript like in one of the snippets
(http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=516) but I would rather use the
musicglyphs in the Feta font than have to manually create each object.

With that being said, I would love to be able to change the
TabNoteHead by any means.  \deadNotes looks great but I need more
options.

I have attached a png of what I am attempting.

Here is the code that does not work for me:

\version "2.16.2"

tick = {
        \once \override TabNoteHead #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
        \once \override TabNoteHead #'text = \markup { \musicglyph
#"noteheads.s0la" }
}

\new TabStaff {
        c8 \tick c8 c8 c8 }