Re: How to change TabNoteHead

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to change TabNoteHead
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 20:39:15 +0200

2013/7/6 Rachael Thomas Carlson <address@hidden>:
[...]
> Harm:
>
> Wow!
>
> You are amazing!  Thank you so much.  The second possibility is going
> to work very well.  Also, thank you for the comments as well.  I really like
> LIlypond but as I am the only person in my area, that I know of, that
> uses Lilypond I am only able to learn from the manual, docs,
> references, self-instruction, and fine people like yourself.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Rachael

Hi again,

glad to hear that it works for you.

Another thought: if you want to tweak TabNoteHeads in a chord
differently, you should use a tweak instead.

So you may want to replace \newTabNoteHead from my previous mail with
the following (or perhaps use both, where appropriate).
It works for single TabNoteHeads, too. Although creating a shortcut
isn't possible in the same manner as before

\version "2.16.2"

#(define (new-stil markup)
;; Creates a stencil
  (lambda (grob)
    (grob-interpret-markup grob markup)))

tweakTabNoteHead =
#(define-music-function (parser location mrkp mus)(markup? ly:music?)
#{
  \tweak #'stencil #(new-stil mrkp)
  #mus
#})

newTabHeadI = \markup { \musicglyph #"noteheads.s0la" }

\new TabStaff {
\tabFullNotation
       c8 c8 c8 \tweakTabNoteHead \newTabHeadI
       e8