Re: LilyPond blog has new home!

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LilyPond blog has new home!
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:41:22 +0200

Am 07.07.2013 10:46, schrieb Karl Hammar:
Janek:

///

If you look at:

  http://downloads2.makemusic.com/blog/elementsv1-p221.pdf &

from his "Binary Theory and Creation of the Fundamental Rhythm
Patterns", you'll see that the table is simply a

  pattern = 0x00E0; // where each bit '1' is 64th note, '0' 64 pause

  while ( pattern < 0xFF ) {
   print_top7bits(pattern);
   print_byte(pattern);
   pattern++;
   print_byte(pattern);
   pattern++;
   next_line();
  }

  make_box();

How hard would that to do in lilypond ?
I'm not sure, but I would also consider writing a script/program to generate the necessary code. The author prints hundreds of examples, and he needs the patterns in different places of his books, so that might be the way to go.

///

If you look at his

  http://downloads2.makemusic.com/blog/elementsv2-p79.pdf

the exercise 19 and 20 are similar to the above,

I try to recreate ex. 19 with LilyPond and unfortunately it isn't that easy either :-( If you look at the attached score you'll notice that the barlines don't align. Playing around with proportionalDurationNotation didn't help. Is it possible at all to achieve that? Maybe by somehow forcing the first notes of the systems to align (after the different time signatures)? If that's not possible I have to fallback to using one single system with independent Timings. That would make alignment perfect, but I'd prefer to have both options.

Any ideas?

Urs