Re: System Vertical Spacing and Lyric Placement

From: Eric Pancer
Subject: Re: System Vertical Spacing and Lyric Placement
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:37:34 -0500

Thank you very much, your suggestions helped the situation. I have two
more issues.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/7/9 Eric Pancer <address@hidden>:
>> I'm working on the following file but having some issues where
>> formatting tricks don't seem to be working. A couple of questions:
>>
>> 1. How can I increase the veritical space between the systems ? The
>> \paper configuration of "markup-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #20"
>> doesn't seem to really help the situation.
>
> How about
> system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #120 % adjust the value
> in \paper

This works fine. Another \layout vs. \paper issue I'm having is the following:

\layout {
        \context {
                \StaffGroup
                \override StaffGrouper
                    #'staff-staff-spacing #'basic-distance = #12

This snippet works, but if I try and place it in \paper, as follows,
the staff-staff spacing does not work.

\paper {
        default-staff-staff-spacing #'basic-distance = #12
}

system-system-spacing *does* work in \paper, so I'm confused as to why
default-staff-staff-spacing does not.

> \teeny is defined in /ly/property-init.ly
> teeny = \set fontSize = #-3
> Choose a lower value.

Works well, thanks. Is there a way to make this portable so changes to
/Applications/LilyPond.app//Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly
would not be required? If there's a way to avoid having to change
system files in future upgrades, I'd appreciate the suggestion.

And one last item: what is the tweak to pad more space between the
last system on a page and the copyright and/or tagline? I've gone
through a amount of changes but can't determine how to add more space
so the copyright does not look to be part of the lyrics *grin*

Thank you,

- Eric