Re: Huge gap between piano staves

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Huge gap between piano staves
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:25:56 +0200

Hi Derek,

2013/7/10 Derek <address@hidden>:
> I have tried to make a tiny example here but just shortening my file to ten
> bars. I don't know if it is still too big though.

It is by far too big!!
And please fix all the log-warnings, before posting.
Or in case you don't know how, ask habout them.

> I am sure that the problem
> arises from my attempt to add centred dynamics to the piano score

Yes.
In short: You don't need to add an own definition for Dynamics in
\layout, it is part of the source.
(This was different in 2.10. or 2.8. Or was it even earlier?)
Just write \new Dynamics { ... } in the PianoStaff

Your file attached.
Please note: I limited my modifacations to
a) get a clean compilation
b) fix \new Dynamcis

HTH,
  Harm