Re: Time signatures at start of systems

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Time signatures at start of systems
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:00:28 +0200

Am 10.07.2013 22:43, schrieb Thomas Morley:
2013/7/10 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
Is there an easy way to automatically repeat the time signature at the
beginning of each system?
It should also work for ones with manual timesignaturefractions.

TIA
Urs
Hi Urs,

currently I've not a proper solution.

Here some ideas.
Though, you need to insert manually the (redefined) \break or the
(redefined) pipeSymbol.

HTH a bit,
   Harm

Hi Harm,

thanks for your assistance, but I think I found a simpler approach to my problem (actually avoiding it at all).

What I need can be achieved with a rather simple replacement function, similar to that one:

newExercise =

#(define-music-function (parser location numerator denominator) (number?
number?)

    #{

      \break

      \mark \default

      \set DrumStaff.timeSignatureFraction = #(cons numerator denominator)

    #})

In my real score it is somewhat different because the denominator is defined at another place, but that's how I it works for me.

Urs