Re: (OT?) Il Duca d'Alba score (Angelo casto e bel)

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: (OT?) Il Duca d'Alba score (Angelo casto e bel)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:32:11 -0400

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
Does anyone know of a score for Donizzeti's Il Duca d'Alba or in
particular for "Angelo casto e bel?"  A rental source would be fine.
I realize that that opera wasn't completed by Donizetti and has an
interesting history.

The Southern Arizona Symphony will back up a soloist for that aria in
August and I haven't been able to find the music online.

Greetings, Paul Scott -

If you don't need to keep the score for a long time, you might try interlibrary loan. I did a search on WorldCat (worldcat.org), and found numerous copies in the U.S. The (advanced) search parameters were : Title: Il Duca d'Alba ; Author: Donizetti; Format: musical score.

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer
Brattleboro, VT