LilyPond grace note synchronization feature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: LilyPond grace note synchronization feature
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 09:52:10 +0100

Staff notation, such as key signatures, bar lines, etc.,

There has been a feature in LilyPond when grace notes coincide with bar
lines for many years now, so I have created a command in Denemo "Install
Grace Note Hints" to work around it. This means the user just has to put
in the grace notes they want and Denemo takes care of inserting the
grace note skips needed in other parts that don't have the grace notes.
At present it is too pessimistic, inserting distracting grace note skips
in places where they are probably not needed (? e.g. after Rehearsal
Marks??).

I would like to know what the "etc." in the following quote from the
documentation includes

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#index-_005cgrace

Known issues and warnings
Staff notation, such as key signatures, bar lines, etc.,

That is, what exactly should I be checking for before deciding to insert grace
skips in the other parts?

Richard