Re: Changing position of Lyrics

From: Sebastian Canagaratna
Subject: Re: Changing position of Lyrics
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:31:00 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already looked at the documents that Phil gave but they also position the lyrics, not change from one positions to another. I have combined Carl's suggestions of hiding notes with Phil's document and produced a passable
version.This sort of thing is not uncommon in vocal music so I am surprised that an example is not given in the documents. Perhaps the trick is to give the four lyrics Contexts identities and change context ( like \change Staff= "up" when one wants the note to appear temporarily on another staff ); one can then avoid using so many skips.  I'll try this and let you know.

Sebastian Canagaratna