Re: Building blocks request for review

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Building blocks request for review
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:02:12 +0200

Hi Urs,

2013/7/12 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
[...}
> #(define delete-beams-for-certain-durations

please note a heavy limitation of \delete-beams-for-certain-durations:
It only works if the note where the beam starts and the one where it
ends are longer notes.
See:

\noBeamForLongerNotes
{
        a2[
        a]

        a8[
        a]

        a8[
        a2
        a8]
}

Though, because there's no problem with the used patterns in
building-blocks-patterns.ily, I'll not dig in it again.

Some additional points:

a)
In the attached .zip I changed \DrumStaff to \RhythmicStaff with an
added "Clef_engraver" and some other modifications in \layout.

b)
I've seen no way to fix beaming while using subdivideBeams.
Instead I wrote \modifyBeaming. Several comments in the code/file.
Though I'm not sure about the direction of some beamlets in \time 6/x,
\time 7/x and \time 8/x.
What do you think?

HTH,
  Harm