Re: feature request: abs-fontsize available for all text grobs

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: feature request: abs-fontsize available for all text grobs
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:48:16 -0400

Hi Marc (et al.),

> I had thought of such a feature some months ago; my syntax proposal
> would be something like
>
> \set fontScaling = #absolute
> or
> \set fontScaling = #relative

As long as this is per-grob, and not global, I'm fine with it.

> a feature like this would come in handy for eps inclusions, too

Interesting!

> My estimations in such situations go horribly wrong each time, so
> I just state "I don't know" for safety reasons ;-)

=)

Hopefully someone else will respond. A while ago I paid Mike Solomon to make a
"Band-Aid™ Solution":

\version "2.17"

#(define ((set-abs-fontsize n) grob)
 (grob-interpret-markup grob
   (markup #:abs-fontsize n (ly:grob-property grob 'text))))

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override LyricText #'stencil = #(set-abs-fontsize 30)

\relative c' {
  e4 e e e
}
\addlyrics {
  foo bar foo bar
}

Now I'm hoping we can make Lilypond "Do The Right Thing™" out of the box.
This might be a job for GLISS… whenever the heck that happens.

Cheers,
Kieren.