Comparing LilyPond with Sibelius, Finale, Musescore etc

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Comparing LilyPond with Sibelius, Finale, Musescore etc
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:57:51 +0100

I have been compiling some examples of LilyPond's typesetting compared
with those of well-known alternatives:

http://denemo.org/CompareScorewriters

If anyone can provide better examples - these are just taken from
published work that I could find with a quick search - then please let
me know - especially if I am not doing LilyPond justice.
My examples have a common origin in MusicXML files, but there may be
some other way of standardizing the comparisons (short of re-typing
music examples...).

Richard