RE: Two End bar

From: Jun Wang
Subject: RE: Two End bar
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:03:08 -0400

Hi Carl
You are right, I removed the end bar in the bass voice and the extra bar disappeared. and thanks for the tip for the extra voice.

Thanks
Jun

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:39:47 -0400
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
CC: address@hidden

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Jun Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I couldn't figure out why I have 2 end bar, see attached lily code  and image file,  extra end bar is marked with red color.
Do you have any clue?

Thanks
Jun

Jun,

You've specified the bars in all your voices. It looks like the bass voice ends before the others, so you're seeing the double-bar for the bass voice, then the others. Typically, you only want one voice explicitly declaring bars (and breaks) to avoid confusion. I typically use an extra voice on one of my staves that is nothing but skips, bars and breaks.

Cheers,
Carl