Re: Figured bass brackets (bug?)

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Figured bass brackets (bug?)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:45:21 +0200

Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote:

Could anyone help me finish this BWV246 project?

Well, I don't know anything about figured bass but it seems that Lilypond's square brackets are not intended to be spread apart. add_brackets is called eventwise, and at each call initialises its local variable "inside" to false. And I didn't find a regtest demonstrating your spreading.

But if you want to hack your way to the finish have a look at half-bfb. This assumes that the square brackets fill the stencil-extents and makes its own (single) bracket to fit these, honoring a few things like thickness and padding. But because no continuation mechanism is involved you have to check that the [ and ] are set at the same height.
Maybe you could adapt this for a different bracket style?

Cheers, Robin