Re: Ambitus - was:move clef

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Ambitus - was:move clef
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> 2013/7/23 Bockett Hunter <

> bockett1.hunter@

> >:
>> I'd like to get the ambitus after the modern clef signs, in the modern
>> clef
>> vertical location instead
>> of the old clef vertical location.
>>

> And the ambitus-problem is worth a new thread.

certainly!

> So here my very kludgy and clumsy workaround. Same attached.
> For some cases you'll need to adjust the Ambitus manually via
> \adjustMiddleOfLineAmbitus.

I don't think it's clumsy - if you want to be able to place an ambitus in
all possible places you'll have to go through a lot of definitions; maybe
somebody will come up with other values he'd prefer.

> Note: You need a newer devel-version.

the main thing is to have a model showing what \override or \set (and
others) is needed; the few functions you provide are really a great help!

… and I think this is worth a new (LSR-) snippet - if this did work with an
appropriate version!

thanks for this, Harm!

Eluze