Re: problems with a difficult function

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: problems with a difficult function
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

David,

That is fantastic, thank you!  It's funny, you wrote these
functions with \glissandoize operating on the results of
\untier, and for my particular project, I needed them in the
opposite order, though I didn't realize that when I wrote my
post.  Anyway, I was able to modify them on my own to suit
my needs, so it works perfectly now.

Also, I wanted to ask you about the line:
  (make-music 'TextScriptEvent 'text "")

That looks kludgy, is there no 'void or 'ignore sort of
thing for these situations?  Should there be?  I guess it
doesn't swallow other TextScriptEvents, and it certainly
doesn't affect anything in my current project.

Lastly, I was not aware that there was an 'event-chord music
class.  It is not listed with the other music classes:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/internals/music-classes
Nor is it mentioned on the EventChord page:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/internals/eventchord
Is that a mistake?

Thank you so much!
- Mark