Re: Dynamics take up too much space

From: Rachael Thomas Carlson
Subject: Re: Dynamics take up too much space
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:36:02 -0500

I think that I can refine this question more after spending most of
today struggling with this problem.  (I am sorry that my previous
question was so poorly worded.)

I am trying to figure out out to get the spacing of the dynamics
non-staff line to equal zero.  I do not want my dynamics context to take
up any space. I think that this would have to do with
nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing but I do not know how to do what I want to do.
I do not even know if this possible.  I am on 2.16.2.

What leads me to believe this is the statement in the 2.16
documentation: "Non-staff lines (such as Lyrics, ChordNames, etc.) are
contexts whose layout objects are engraved like staves (i.e. in
horizontal lines within systems). Specifically, non-staff lines are
non-staff contexts that create the VerticalAxisGroup layout object."

Thank you,
Rachael