Re: problems with a difficult function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: problems with a difficult function
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:07:20 +0200

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>
> That is fantastic, thank you!  It's funny, you wrote these
> functions with \glissandoize operating on the results of
> \untier, and for my particular project, I needed them in the
> opposite order, though I didn't realize that when I wrote my
> post.  Anyway, I was able to modify them on my own to suit
> my needs, so it works perfectly now.
>
> Also, I wanted to ask you about the line:
>   (make-music 'TextScriptEvent 'text "")
>
> That looks kludgy, is there no 'void or 'ignore sort of
> thing for these situations?

See <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3476>.
I tried a few things like (make-music 'Event) with fishy errors.  So I
put that kludge in to make sure that the problems were not coming from
there and later forgot it.

>   Should there be?

Maybe PostEvents works here.  No idea.

> Lastly, I was not aware that there was an 'event-chord music
> class.  It is not listed with the other music classes:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/internals/music-classes

That's because no translator listens to it.  It is interpreted by
lily/event-chord-iterator.cc which just interprets all its elements,
typically broadcasting _them_.

> Is that a mistake?

No idea.

--