Re: A spacing issue

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: A spacing issue
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:28:54 +1000

On 30/07/13 07:44, Rachael Thomas Carlson wrote:
Hello:

I am having an issue with spacing.  I sent an email out a couple days
ago without any responses (except my own responses).  I thought that I
had solved my \markup spacing issue but I was wrong.  I am days away
from finishing this score and I am at a bottleneck with this spacing
issue.  At the root of the problem is my inability to get \markup
TextScript to not require space.  I would really like it if I could
input markup and have it not worry about colliding with other objects.
I have attached a lilypond file (the example was a little too big to put
it in the email as is) and a png showing this issue.  I am at a loss.
If someone could put me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

You will notice in the png that the line forces the space between the
bass clef staff and the tab staff to increase.  I do not want this line
to take up any extra space.

This works with 2.17.23. I think the syntax is ok for 2.16.2.

\version "2.16.2"
\layout {
  indent=0\mm
  ragged-right = ##t
  \context {
    \Score
      \override StaffGrouper #'staffgroup-staff-spacing =
      #'((basic-distance . 11)
         (padding . -10)
         (stretchability . 0))
<<
  \new GrandStaff
  <<
    \new Staff <<
      \clef "treble"
      {a1 \break
      a1}

    \new Staff <<
      \clef "bass"
      {a,1
      a,1}

  \new TabStaff
  <<
    \tabFullNotation
    {<a a,>1^\markup { \draw-line #'(0 . 9) }
    <a a,>1 }