Re: optional transposition triggered by an external file?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: optional transposition triggered by an external file?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:17:03 +0200

Am 30.07.2013 16:30, schrieb Wim van Dommelen:

On 30 Jul 2013, at 08:46 , Marc Hohl wrote:

transposeTo = transposeTo OR c
In the past I've used a very simple construct:

notes = { ... }

music = {
     \tag Bassoon \notes
     \tag BCl \transpose bes, c' { \notes }
}

instrument = Bassoon                    % could be Bassoon or BCl
(bassclarinet) in my case

\score
     \keepWithTag \instrument \music
     \layout {}
}

It is sort of hard-coded, BUT I could vary the instrument by creating a
small file in which I stated this instrument and just included that file
again in the Lilypond framework-file. With an external Makefile I
steered what should be done by generating (or copying) this include-file
and then running the lilypond command on the framework.

Thanks for sharing – the (only) drawback is that I have to
define \instrument in *any* case. David's solution has the advantage
of having a completely standalone compilable LilyPond file plus the
option to change the transposition by simply including another tiny
file.

Marc

Regards,
Wim.