Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:27:40 +0100

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 07:14 +1000, Nick Payne wrote:
> On 31/07/13 01:21, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:39:16 -0600
> > address@hidden wrote:
> >> Is anyone using a tablet to run lilypond and if so which one?
> >
> > I was thinking about getting a tablet but why run Lilypond on it?
> > Build your PDFs elsewhere and just use the tablet to display them.
> > That way you don't limit your choices and can get the tablet best
> > suited to your needs which, I assume, is displaying charts on stage.
> > You want clear, large, fast, ability to lookup or arrange set lists,
> > etc.  Adding Lilypond to the list of requirements may mean getting
> > something less ideal for your real purpose.
> >
> > Of course, once you choose one, if it also runs LP then bonus.
> >

> I'm more interested in getting something that can replace paper PDF
> scores. Sony have announced, but not yet released, a 13.3 inch e-reader
> that can display A4 PDF at life size, and also allows annotations with a
> stylus. Depending on whether the price is reasonable, I intend to have a
> look at one when it becomes reality to see if it's viable as a
> replacement for paper on a music stand, particularly if it could be
> combined with a foot pedal for page turns.

Ideally you want two pedal presses per page turn - one to turn the top
of the page (while you are playing from the bottom of the page) and the
other to complete the page turn once you have started on the top of the
new page. Denemo does this in its page mode display (but this is not a
the real typeset music, just the input for checking).

Richard