Re: tablet

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: tablet
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:23:29 -0600

Thank you
whew
Jay

On 2013-07-30 20:52, address@hidden wrote:
Jay,

The simple answer is; No, LilyPond will not run on a tablet.  There
are, however, workarounds.  One is the method Guy Stalnaker described
using Textastic for editing and DropBox as a repository.  The
advantage to that method is that you don't need a connection the whole
time.  There was another DropBox method mentioned a while back.  You
set up DropBox on your regular home machine and sync your tablet to
the same DropBox account.  Then you get into your home machine via SSH
and remotely edit files and run LilyPond.  Once the PDF has compiled
it will sync up on the tablet.  This requires a net connection the
whole time, of course.

-David