Re: tablet

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: tablet
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:03:51 -0500

I use my iPad with unRealBook to organize lead sheets produced by LilyPond for
all my gigs.  With the Retina display it works fine for lead sheets but might
be too small for orchestral or even piano music.  Rumor has it that Apple is
planning a 13" iPad, but then rumor has all sorts of things about Apple- most
of it wrong.

The thing that makes this work is the clean-ness of LilyPond output, even
better with the simpler "hand written" jazz font that was recently shared.
Even at the small screen size, the clarity of the scores is excellent.

A band mate gives us things he's done in Finale and I am always surprised by
how poor the engraving looks.

Tim