Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?

From: Robert Honoré
Subject: Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:26:53 -0400

On 02/08/2013 08:17, bb wrote:
> Am 02.08.2013 13:56, schrieb Robert Honoré:
>> \version "2.6.0"
>> \header {
>>    title = "Serial 1"
>>    composer = "Robert Honore"
>>   }
>>
>> global = {
>>     \time 4/4
>>   }
>>
>> themeOne = \relative c' {d4 e fis a | cis b a f |
>> << a1 fis e d >> | << cis'1 b a f >> |
>> ees2 g4 aes4 | c bes <<aes2 g ees>> | <<g2 bes c>>
>> << a2 fis e d >> | <<cis'1 a f b,>> |}
>>
>> \score {
>> <<
>>   \new staff \global \themeOne
>>>> >>
>> \layout { }
>> \midi {\tempo 4 = 90 }
>> }
>
> Do you really use version 2.6.0. Than it does not compile with version
> 2.16.2!
> If one changes the first line to
> \version "2.16.2"
> it will compile without problems.
>
> Regards BB

It usually does once I change the version string. I had sent the one
that worked with my previous installation of lilypond (2.12.3).
Usually, when I do an upgrade, I would change the version string once I
get the error message when I attempt to process it.
That is usually the first hint I get that the syntax I have in my old
*.ly files might need to be checked.

The file I sent (serial-1.ly) is my test file.  It has only one line of
random music, so that it serves as the subject of a quick test.  My
current problem is that I can't even get lilypond to go to the point
where it tells me that the file was found and it has begun processing,
far less to tell me that the version string is too old (see my previous
post with the command line session log).  If I could get lilypond to
tell me that, I would consider it progress.

Yours sincerely,
Robert Honoré.