Re: Support for Uke chords?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Support for Uke chords?
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 08:53:57 +0200

2013/8/3 Clark Milioti <address@hidden>
Greetings,

I just discovered LilyPond.  I am blown away by the concept of its text-based input.  Very clever and easy to pick up.

Good to hear this, you are one of us ;-)

While I intend to read the "learning.pdf" manual this weekend, I was wondering if anyone can help steer me toward using LilyPond for simple chord tab charts for the Uke?

My objective -- at least initially -- is to generate simple chord tab sheets for my uke playing.  Like the "popular music" examples provided on the LilyPond website.

The example demonstrates that LilyPond can produce guitar chord symbols, but is it capable of doing the same for a standard, c-tuning uke symbols?

Much appreciated!

You should read through chapter 2.4 of the Notation Reference and specifically this section:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#fret-diagram-markups

I recommend using:
\include "predefined-ukulele-fretboards.ly"