Re: Support for Uke chords?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Support for Uke chords?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:57:31 +0200

Clark Milioti <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I just discovered LilyPond.  I am blown away by the concept of its
> text-based input.  Very clever and easy to pick up.
>
> While I intend to read the "learning.pdf" manual this weekend, I was
> wondering if anyone can help steer me toward using LilyPond for simple
> chord tab charts for the Uke?
>
> My objective -- at least initially -- is to generate simple chord tab
> sheets for my uke playing.  Like the "popular music" examples provided on
> the LilyPond website.
>
> The example demonstrates that LilyPond can produce guitar chord symbols,
> but is it capable of doing the same for a standard, c-tuning uke symbols?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#predefined-fret-diagrams>
reads:

Fret diagrams for the ukulele are contained in the file
‘predefined-ukulele-fretboards.ly’.

And is followed by an example for Ukulele.

The list of predefined diagrams is in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/predefined-fretboard-diagrams>,
just scroll down to the section about Ukulele.

--
David Kastrup