Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:16:55 +0200

Am 08.08.2013 13:13, schrieb David Kastrup:
SoundsFromSound <address@hidden> writes:

I'm surprised that no one else in those comments responded to any of the
LilyPond mentions.
Frankly, if I were Daniel, I'd be pissed already.  I think he is
perfectly correct to remind people that his blog is not the place for
LilyPond advocacy.  Since it is also not the place to go into real depth
concerning what LilyPond is and what not, there is little point in
bringing it up in the first place.

When he states things for which LilyPond provides a valid counterthesis
or counterexample, pointing out an example may be in order.

But for statements like "I changed to LilyPond and never looked back"
and similar is simply wrong.

He does have misconceptions about LilyPond, but his blog is not the
place to address them.  Yes, that's unfortunate, but please behave like
one would expect guests to behave.  We are not doing our case a favor by
making a spectacle where it is not asked for.

I think it is interesting to compare the suggested new features to the behaviour of other programs, and I would like to read about that from other perspectives too.
I hope I didn't do more in my comments.