Re: high-quality audio output from Lilypond (was "Re: Steinberg's progre

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: high-quality audio output from Lilypond (was "Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software")
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:29:15 +0200

Am 08.08.2013 15:19, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hi Urs,

What could be useful however (I don't know _anything_ about it) would be to add
a chapter to the documentation talking about how to get high-quality audio
output from/through LilyPond, referencing useful free soundfonts or whatever is
useful to get this to work.
Agreed.

I have been using Lilypond for over a decade now. I have never used it to
"compose" (only engrave), and only *once* have I used the MIDI output for
listening. However, I feel I will likely be needing this functionality in the near
future, and would be very interested in seeing good documentation on how to get (or
improve) high-quality audio output from Lilypond.

Thanks,
Kieren.

I will need this too next year.
So anybody having substantial experience with this is highly welcome sharing his ideas, tools, work-flows with us. If this ends up in a documentation contribution or a tutorial/blog post it's fine. But don't keep hidden just because of being afraid of being forced to do anything like that. Just start the discussion ...

TIA
Urs