Re: SMuFL

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: SMuFL
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:47:43 -0400

SMuFL has nothing much to do with preserving the Unicode standard. If
you can get the Unicode consortium to participate in outlining SMuFL
stuffs in its standard than it would be good, but an abstracted
standard used by one or two applications is a bad idea especially for
one text based like ours. It reduces the odds of universal support
that the Unicode consortium is trying to create. We don't need such an
extra layer of confusion. We just need to apply pressure to the
consortium to get the things that are missing encoded. That is my
stance.

Shane