Re: Re: SMuFL

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Re: Re: SMuFL
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 14:32:16 -0500

As a fairly outside observer who is only an occasional user of Lilypond....

On 08/09/2013 11:43 PM, Carl Peterson wrote:
> The concern I have on SMuFL is that it is an as-of-yet immature standard
> without broad support outside of Steinberg. ... Will it be a futile
> effort because the SMuFL standard dies from lack of interest/acceptance?

A flip side of that question is: How much would adding Lilypond support
for SMuFL help to *make* SMuFL into an accepted and common standard?

I don't want to say "you guys should (not) support SMuFL", but I think
that question is worth thinking about, even if you decide the answer is
"probably not much." :-)

Evan