Re: File export to LilyPond

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: File export to LilyPond
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:48:01 -0600

On 13-08-11 07:30 PM, Christopher Reed wrote:
hello can someone please help me export my file to lilypond it will not do it for some reason :(

We'll need to know what sort of file you are creating, in which program and on what operating system, Christopher. In general, LilyPond files are created directly in a text editor, or even better, in a special purpose application such as Frescobaldi. Dependng on your operating system, you can double click on the file or perhaps drag and drop it onto an icon, then LilyPond does the rest.

If you are exporting from another music program such as Finale or Sibelius, let us know and we can work through that with you.

You would very definitely find the online reference material handy, particularly the Introduction and Learning Manual.

Let us know how you make out!

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands. You need to be able to throw something back.