Re: Text in front of Staves

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Text in front of Staves
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:30:16 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> I see that lilypond supports a cool-looking No. glyph, which is great.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's not Lilypond giving that cool-looking glyph,
it's the font they were using.

The Unicode designation for that glyph is U+2116 Numero Sign

Some fonts have it, others don't. Or you might do tricks with a capital
N and a small o to make a sign like that yourself, if necessary.

To get it to appear in your score, just paste it in - here's one: №

(I hope the one I just pasted for you is able to survive its trip across
the internet.) :)

If not, use your system's special-character-finding utility (or similar
utility inside a word-processing program) to find the numero sign.

--
David R