Re: Dynamics, spacers, and partcombine used at once.

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Dynamics, spacers, and partcombine used at once.
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 01:33:22 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Dominic <address@hidden> wrote:

So my question is, how can I get the dynamics to align themselves
'correctly', i.e. as they would be if they were directly attached to the
notes. Putting the dynamics in a Dynamics context is not really an option,
since that will make them align themselves on one line, and I want the
dynamics and hairpins to be snugly under the notes each time. Any ideas? I
am aware that existing 'issues' exist to do with dynamic positioning, but
many of them claim to be 'fixed' - yet they apparently are not.

What if you use rests or real notes instead of spacers and then hide the notes and turn off the appropriate engravers so that the notes themselves neither print nor impact the spacing of the score, but the dynamics are attached to notes? Haven't tried this, but I use this technique with partcombine to attach lyrics.

Cheers,
Carl