Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Christian Andersson
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:00:43 +0200

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Derek <address@hidden> writes:

> Believe me if I were a programmer I would and I am sure many are in
> the same boat.

The boat of the passive-aggressive passenger?  There are a number of
recipes around which are apparently working only sometimes and for some
people.  Why?  That requires the will for experimentation and
perseverence.  Sure, programmers might have that, but it's not exclusive
to them.

Personally, since I don't pay s**t for IDEs, I work most efficiently with quite large orchestral scores using Lilypond, vi(1), sed(1), Bourne shell and GNU make (and a PDF viewer). Some day I intend to share my "scripts" and configurations somehow, but as usual they need to stablize a bit. I suppose Lilypond itself should be easier (than Frescobaldi) to keep working in the MacOS environment, as long as there is at least one user who could imagine paying with her time to test, but in my experience it is quite hard to get MacOS users well accustomed to working in the terminal. That is why I hope to be able to recommend Frescobaldi, which I think is quite a decent IDE for this task, compared to most of the others.

Vielen Dank, David Kastrup, for all your hard work with an absolutely excellent software! I wish I could somehow find the time needed to contribute better.