Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Derek
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

But you expect others to have the time and acquire the skill set.  And
probably also buy themselves the same sort of computer that you want to
use.  Why?

Once again where are you getting that from? I basically said the same thing
as Christian A.
" I wish I could somehow find the time needed to contribute better."

but for some reason you took my comment as some sort of spoilt child asking
everyone to do everything for him type thing which it wasn't.

"So what steps did you take to make sure that others will have it easier
and benefit from your experience?"

If anything I discovered wasn't in the particular thread I was reading I
posted it to help anyone else who might have the same issue. What else could
I do?

"Using LilyPond" is neutral (apart from incurring hosting/download
costs).  Contributing back to a community involves more than just using
the software.  Complaining about the software is a feedback, but without
the investment of time and care required to make that complaint specific
and addressable, it does not help the community or ultimately the
software."

Am I complaining about the software?? No I think it fantastic.

"Attitudes and PR will not make a difference regarding how hard it is to
use LilyPond on a Mac.  LilyPond is supported by an active and
incredibly helpful community (which happens to pay my bills as well in
order to keep myself working on the project).  But there are limits to
what it can do.  If no actual users of a platform can be bothered to get
involved in deployment (which requires a lot of cooperation and detailed
feedback), then there will be no support or the existing support will
eventually break down."

Once again when was I complaining about the software or how hard it was to
use? I wasn't. I merely commented on the attitudes towards mac users their
seems to be around here. I never asked you to come to my house and fix
anything. I just said I wish I knew more so I could contribute and you
started patronising me.

"And that is not something that can be resolved by complaining about it,
and by complaining in general that it is the responsibility of some
mystical higher class of humans known as "programmers" who are bound to
work on the problems of all others because everyone knows that they
don't have a life of their own.

Even the "programmers" need something substantial to work with."

Once again did I complain about a technical issue? And if one were to
comment on a technical issue who but those with the programming abilities
can fix it? For some reason you have an issue with my comment even though
those same sentiments were posted by others. What gives?