Re: Problems compiling Python-poppler-qt4-0.16.3

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Problems compiling Python-poppler-qt4-0.16.3
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 20:54:34 +0200

2013/8/16 Robin Newman <address@hidden>:
> I am trying to install Frescobaldi on my Mac using Frescobaldi Mac OS X
> install guide by Philippe Massart
> I have installed macports py27-pyqt4
> poppler +quartz +qt4
>
> and I am trying to compile Python-poppler-qt4-0.16.3
> I have cd to the directory python-poppler-qt4-0.16.3, and typed
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7
> setup.py build
> to make sure I use the macports installed python.
> Initially it faield because of path problems and it asked me to add the path
> to the poppler libraries to PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> I typed export $PKG_CONFIG_PATH=PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig to
> add teh path and reran the setup.py build
[...]

This shouldn't have happened at first.
MacPorts compiles pkgconfig with /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig and
/opt/local/share/pkgconfig as default path, so they should always be
searched by pkgconfig (as if they were placed at the end of
$PKG_CONFIG_PATH).

I would say that either your pkgconfig installation is broken, or
poppler (+qt4 +quartz) didn't place the file poppler-qt4.pc in
/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/.
I suggest that you rebuild (uninstall and install again) both ports.
If MacPorts complains about dependencies when you uninstall, you may
have to use the -f (force) flag on port command. (Please, check the
man page for port or the online documentation for MacPorts very
carefully when you must force operations: I take no responsibility on
these suggestions. :) )

If you still have compilation errors after doing that, you can send me
your terminal output and I'll have a look at it and try to help.

Best regards.
Davide Liessi