Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: flup2
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:08:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello (and thanks for the flowers ;-) )

Robert Schmaus wrote
> That brings me to my question: I've worked through Phillippe's "recipe"
> faithfully (I think). Now, when I try to launch frescobaldi on the
> Terminal, I get an error message
>
> ImportError: No module named sip
>
> Does anyone know what's the problem there?
>
> Best,
> Robert

Could you tell us exactly which command you use to run frescobaldi?
I had the same problem using "python frescobaldi". I use instead the
complete path of the macport-installed version:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7
frescobaldi

David Kastrup wrote
> Actually, this works fine with Emacs and a number of PDF viewers as
> well.

Regarding the use of others editors with point-and-click, it doesn't work
out of the box with emacs or vi (and skim a previewer) on a mac (even if I
tried to...): clicking on a pdf launches the lilypad editor. At this time
frescobaldi and lilypondtool are the only working for me. Yet another thing
to investigate on my schedule.

Philippe