Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:28:09 +0200

Am 8/16/13 10:08 PM, schrieb flup2:
That brings me to my question: I've worked through Phillippe's "recipe"
faithfully (I think). Now, when I try to launch frescobaldi on the
Terminal, I get an error message

ImportError: No module named sip

Does anyone know what's the problem there?

Could you tell us exactly which command you use to run frescobaldi?
I had the same problem using "python frescobaldi". I use instead the
complete path of the macport-installed version:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7
frescobaldi

Ah - I should have remembered - you said so at another place in your guide.
Yes, using the full python2.7 path instead of just python indeed does the trick! Oooooh, I'm excited now ....!

Thank you once more!

Regarding the use of others editors with point-and-click, it doesn't work
out of the box with emacs or vi (and skim a previewer) on a mac (even if I
tried to...): clicking on a pdf launches the lilypad editor. At this time
frescobaldi and lilypondtool are the only working for me. Yet another thing
to investigate on my schedule.

I can add Eclipse with Elysium here - point & click works fine!
And I may add, I really worked fine with this for a couple of years, and I really like the way, Eclipse keeps individual projects together (something Elysium inherits from Eclipse being a native Java IDE). So except for some oddities with Elysium and the slowness, I actually like Elysium.