Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:10:15 -0500

Update- Re: fresh install on OS 10.8.4 following the recipe linked to the
Frescobaldi page on a "clean" machine. XQuartz previously installed but no
previous MacPorts, Fink or HomeBrew installs.

Frescobaldi is working well, but I was having problems with MIDI. I now believe
it was due to the sound font I had set in qsynth (a very large font- 1.6GB). I
extracted the sound font from Musescore, as Philippe suggests and with synth
running the MIDI is now working.

The instructions could mention the importance of either setting path variables
or providing full path links e.g., to the  lilypond binary.

Stan